How to: Manage your password and securityby Kelly O'Malley May 20, 2019
One of the easiest ways to keep your Brightwell account safe is by choosing a secure password, and knowing what to do if you forget it, suspect someone else may know it, or otherwise need to make changes. Why do you need a secure password? Just like a key unlocks the door to your home, a secure password is the key into your account. You would not leave copies of your housekey lying around, so you need to protect your password in the same way you would protect the valuables in your home.
Choosing a secure password
It may seem hard to create a unique password that no one else can guess, but it is easier than you think. A good trick is to choose a word you will easily remember, then spell it in a unique way! Perhaps add a big letter, a special character, or a number – or all three! For example, if your pet’s name is Biscuit, you could use that as your password with unique spelling. Here is how some unique passwords could look:
These examples still use your easy-to-remember name, and include extra characters, numbers, or capitalization to make it difficult for fraudsters to guess.
After reading above, do you feel like your password is strong enough? Do you think someone else could guess your password and access your account? If so, do not worry! You can change your password easily through Brightwell Navigator online! Follow the steps below to change your password and take comfort knowing your account is safer.
Remember, anytime you update your password with Brightwell, we ask that it contains at least one of each of the following when you create your password: a BIG letter, a small letter, 8 characters, and at least one number.
How to change your password
- Log in to your account on BrightwellNavigator.com
- Click the three horizontal lines on the top left to access the menu, then select Account Settings
- Select Change Password
- Enter your current password. After this, you can create your new password.
- Then press Change Password
But maybe your new and secure password is a little too secure, or you typically use Face ID or Touch ID to log in to your apps and you have forgotten your password. Hey, it happens to the best of us! If you forget your password, just follow the steps below to reset it.
How to reset your password
- Go to brightwellnavigator.com/Account/ForgotPassword/
- Enter your username and the same email Brightwell uses to contact you then press Next
- Enter your PIN then press Next
- Answer the security question, then press Reset Password
- Create your new password, then press Change Password
- Open the Brightwell Navigator app and log in to verify the new password works.
Managing your password is easy as 1-2-3 with the Brightwell Navigator app and our support team available to you 24 hours a day. With a secure password and simple tools to manage it, you can be confident your funds and personal information are safe.
Subscribe to our latest
Get updates about industry news and product updates.