Powered to Empower,
Structured to Simplify.
When crews thrive, so does business.
Brightwell takes the burden of cross-border payroll off of administrators. We give crews safe access to their money and easy ways to send money nearly anywhere in the world. The result of both? Freedom.
Thanks for making it easy to send money home to our family and friends. We appreciate all the effort the Brightwell team has made to make everything smooth and simple.
An amazingly seamless process.
The main drivers of appreciation were the fees offered for digital wire transfers.
Working with Brightwell has been a really great experience. They are constantly listening and handling crew’s delicate matters with professionalism and a very high degree of human touch. As a Non-EU Personnel Administration Manager, I personally appreciate the latter and sincerely feel that this helps them stand out from others.
The Brightwell team truly values its customer relationships. They continuously invest in their product and strive to provide exceptional customer service.
- Multi-currency programs, including USD, EUR, AUD, and GBP.
- In the event of a lost or damaged card, onboard printing makes replacement quick and stress-free to members.
- Virtual terminal for cash payments to crews before leaving the ship, or as an alternative to onboard ATMs.
- Cards personalized with each crew member’s full name for added security (and status).
- Both Visa® and Mastercard® prepaid card options are available.
- Onboard, follow-up focus groups led by Brightwell for additional support along the implementation journey.
- Convenient online support ticketing system for quick and effective help if crew members have questions or need assistance with their cards or transactions.
Freedom and Flexibility
- Cardholders can send funds to a bank account, another prepaid card or Companion Card, or for cash pick-up in another location.**
- Easily check balances, transactions and more.**
- Track loads and withdrawals for budgeting and money management, providing your crew with greater financial control and freedom.**
- All features can be accessed via our mobile app, including checking card balances, transferring funds between cards, or sending money to a bank account back home1.**
- Cash can be lost or stolen – offer your crew increased peace of mind with the Brightwell or OceanPay card. Funds are stored securely and are protected by a number of security measures.
- Member Support staff are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist.
- Enhanced security with Touch ID/Face ID.
- Dedicated staff monitoring of transactions.
- Zero liability for fraud*. Brightwell investigates suspected cases of fraud, following all consumer protection guidelines, to ensure crew members aren’t held responsible for any unauthorized transactions, as long as they’re reported immediately.
Our support team is at your service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Contact us by phone, email, or via our online support ticket system with questions, concerns, or requests concerning prepaid cards.
Ready to go?
Our Implementation Team is experienced, quick, and efficient – we can deploy a program on 25 ships in as little as 4 months, as well as multiple ships at once. We don’t use a one-size-fits-all methodology, in fact, we can curate your specific implementation experience based on your crew’s unique demographics and geography.
You have three choices:
Full Onboard Enrollment
This option is ideal for ships that have never had a digital payroll program before. Brightwell sends 2-3 staff members per ship to distribute payroll cards, coordinate meetings to introduce our product, and provide open enrollment sessions throughout the voyage.
Does your crew know the ropes? This option is great for the crew that have experience with payroll programs. Our fine-tuned, intuitive enrollment process makes it an easy to use option for crew members. In fact, many will opt to enroll themselves via the mobile app from the comfort of their cabins.
Train the Trainer
Would you rather enroll your crew with your own staff? We can help with that, too. Brightwell representatives will come aboard to dedicate time to “training the trainers” in all aspects of our program. From there, your trainers can move from ship to ship to complete the onboard implementation with other employees.
Before Brightwell, Costa had another card program that had about 65%-70% user participation. Following the pilot ship enrollments, there was overwhelming request for non-participating crew to join our program due to the upgrades with the Brightwell program. Costa now has 100% participation of crew onboard and is their highest digital user program.
Italy recently passed a new regulation that required employers no longer pay employees in cash. Aida came to Brightwell in May of 2018 with a very aggressive timeline to implement their fleet, starting with their Italian flagged ships. Brightwell took on the challenge and was able to successfully implement and fund the first ship within 45 days of meeting with Aida. The entire Aida fleet will be completely enrolled and using Brightwell before the end of 2018.
Curious to learn more?
Download our whitepaper that discusses industry trends, consumer insights, and how our product simplifies payroll while empowering crew members worldwide.